Beulah Professional Development Committee
Amber Skalsky, Elementary School and PD Coordinator
Dan Ziman, School Board Member
Jessica Biesterfeld, High School
Jodee Dacar, High School
Rebecca Huss, Middle School
Faye Roth, Elementary School
Jeff Frank, Elementary School
Sarah Becker, District Curriculum-Technology Partner
Professional Learning Plan Guidelines
- The Professional Development(PD) Committee will oversee local PD offerings.
- Individuals or committees may recommend potential local PD activities to the Professional Development committee for consideration.
- The Professional Development Committee will distribute a tentative list of local PD offerings to certified staff members in May of the previous school year; updated PD calendars will also be maintained on the Beulah District website.
- A PD calendar for the coming month will be maintained on the Beulah District website. The registration form will be available on the PD calendar site. . If less than five staff members sign up for a PD offering, it will be cancelled.
- PD hours must be approved, in advance, by the building administrator.
- All approved PD must be directed toward the professional growth of staff in alignment with the District Strategic Plan and the benefit of students.
- Only time outside of the instructional school day will count toward PD hours.
- Documentation of attendance at PD must be submitted quarterly to the building principal; running record of PD hours will be kept by the committee chair and posted on the school website. For purposes of documentation, staff members are encouraged to record all PD attended, even hours beyond the required 13.
- Staff members who are paid under contract to attend a professional development activity may not count the hours toward their 13 hours of individual professional development.
- Each teacher is responsible for ensuring that he or she fulfills 13 hours of approved professional development between the last day of the preceding school year and the first contracted day of the next. PD hours that have not been fulfilled by the last day of school will be deducted from the staff member's last paycheck of the school year based upon the individual teacher's rate of daily pay.